Jalapeno Cilantro Quinoa Polenta
Made with healthy quinoa and flavored with spicy jalapeno and cilantro, these simple corncakes can fit seamlessly into your menu as a vegetarian appetizer or side dish.
- Culinaire Ventura Foods Italian Vinaigrette - 1.5 Cups
- Water - 96 oz.
- Salt, kosher - as needed
- Corn meal, yellow - 4-5 Cups
- Quinoa- cooked/prepared - 1 pack
- Cilantro leaves, fine julienne - 3 oz.
- Black pepper, ground - 2 tsp.
- Garlic, chopped - 3 oz.
- Jalapenos, seeded, diced small - 2-3 each
In a pot bring the water, salt, and garlic to a boil.
Pour the cornmeal in a steady stream into the water to avoid lumps and continue to stir the cornmeal until creamy.
The cooking process Is approximately 5-6 minutes. Fold in the remainder of the ingredients and cook for 1 minute. Adjust the salt and pepper as needed for flavor.
Pour onto clean 1/2 sheet pans that have been sprayed with pan release and allow the product to cool and harden. Cover the pans with plastic wrap.
Cut the polenta into any shape and before grilling ensure the product is completely chilled and brush with olive oil prior to grilling to avoid sticking.