These crispy cornmeal cakes can fill many roles in your menu, making for an excellent appetizer, side dish or even a light vegetarian meal option.
- LouAna Liquid Butter Alternative - .25 Cup
- Yellow onions, diced small - .5 Cup
- Sundried tomatoes, rehydrated and chopped - .5 Cup
- Water - 4 Cups
- Polenta, course - 3 Cups
- Black pepper, ground - 2 tsp.
- Salt, kosher - As needed
Heat saucepan with the LouAna Liquid Butter Alternative and sauté the onions until translucent, add in the sundried tomatoes, water, and the salt.
- Slowly add in the polenta until well combined with the liquid. Add In the black pepper and let the polenta cook until tender.
Pour the polenta mixture into a dish that is 1-1/2 inch deep. Let the mix cool in the dish until it is completely cold. Cut with the mix into 3- inch diameter rounds and hold for service.