Grilled Shrimp, Kabocha Squash and Amaranth Salad
Featuring tasty grilled shrimp and kabocha squad, this amaranth salad makes for a unique and flavorful recipe that your customers will be eager to try.
- Culinaire Ventura Foods Italian Dressing - 2 oz.
- Signature Salad Blend - 2 Cups
- Cooked Amaranth - 1/2 Cup
- Kabocha squash, roasted, diced 1/2" - 2 Cups
- Roma tomatoes- diced 1/4" - 1/4 Cup
- Carrots, julienne - 1/4 Cup
- Cucumbers, diced 1/4" - 1/4 Cup
- Salt and pepper mix - 1 tsp.
- Grilled shrimp, tail on 16/20 - 5 each
Season the shrimp with salt ,pepper and grill until the shrimp has a nice orange color and hold on the side.
In a clean bowl toss all the salad ingredients together including the shrimp and toss gently with the dressing .
On a serving plate, stack the squash and the Amaranth using it as a base of the salad and stack the greens atop creating height in the middle of the plate. Arrange the carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes around and on top of the salad.
Place the shrimp at 12, 3, 5, 7, and 10 o'clock
Chef Tips: The protein can be interchangeable. Grilled firm tofu would be nice as well if vegetarian was the target.